Book Week 2019
This year’s annual ‘Book Week’ will be held during two separate weeks. Year 5 and 6 will celebrate their Book Week on the week commencing Monday 11th February.
Y3 and 4 will celebrate their Book Week on the week commencing Monday 25th February. This is to ensure all children are able to experience cooking activities linked with their class teachers chosen book.
We have planned lots of fun reading and writing activities to get the children excited about reading:
- Two authors will be visiting our school to share their work and inspire the children
- The author Robin Price will visit Y5 & Y6 on Thursday 14th February
- The author Sara Grant will visit Y3 & Y4 on Wednesday 27th February (There will be opportunities to purchase signed copies of their books!)
- We will have the opportunity to become authors
- The annual Potato head book characters competition will be held in school (potatoes and props needed)
- Mystery Reader will take place (sssshhh)
- Cook the book!
- There will be an opportunity for children to read to the infants