4F's English page
Here you will find out what is happening in our English lessons and the spellings for each week.
In English this half-term we will be writing stories with a theme.
A theme is the meaning captured in a story; it is the particular part of life that the author chooses to examine with their story.
Can you match the famous stories below with their most prominent themes (answers at the bottom of the page):
1. The BFG. (a) Teamwork.
2. Romeo and Juliet. (b) Friendship.
3. The Avengers. (c) The lives of mean people!
4. The Twits (d) Love vs duty.
5. Billionaire Boy (e) The true value of money.
Grammar and Punctuation
This half-term we be paying special attention to:
- Making sure capital letters and full stops are used consistently.
- Using conjunctions to create complex and compound sentences e.g. 'The cat sat on the mat.' becomes 'The cat sat on the mat while his owner prepared his dinner.'
(Answers: 1 - Harry Potter 2. The Hobbit / Lord of the Rings 3.The Wizard of Oz 4. The Faraway Tree 5. The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe).