SJS Enrichment Activities & Theme Weeks
In addition to our exciting and stimulating curriculum, we also provide other opportunities to enhance the children’s learning where ever possible.
Sawley Junior School offers pupils an array of enrichment activities to provide exciting, stimulating experiences that enhance our curriculum and children's individual learning.
- Themed days/weeks:
- Enterprise Week
- Online Safety
- Black History Week
- Anti-Bullying Week
- Art Week
- Science Week
- Maths Week
- Big Write & Author Week
- educational visits linked to class topics
- residential trips for Year 6
- visits to the school by performing arts groups
- invited speakers
- events organised to support parents to help their child
- Reading Buddies
- performance opportunities - musical, dramatic
- participation in charitable activities
We also organise visitors to come into school to help bring learning to life. In addition, we invest in specialist educational providers such as Music Services and specialist sports coaches. Excellent partnerships with our local schools also help us to further the experiences of our pupils.