English CAN be exciting!
Here at Sawley Junior School, we aim to enthuse children to become fabulous readers and writers. This page will celebrate the ways in which we approach English across the curriculum.
Reciprocal Reading is a new approach to Guided Reading. The children take control of their learning by following reading roles.
Here is a survey to help Miss White see if this new approach is working!
Author Week 2019
wk. beg. 11.2.19]
wk. beg. 25.2.19
Due to our growing school, we have decided to split our annual 'Author Week' across two weeks.
During these weeks, we will be launched into numerous exciting activities.
Here are just SOME of the exciting things we will do;
- Robin Price will deliver exciting workshops to the Y5 and Y6 children on Thursday 14th February.
- Sara Grant will deliver exciting workshops to the Y3 and Y4 children on Wednesday 27th February.
- Potato Head Challenge day will be held on Tuesday 26th February.
- Mystery Reader will be held once more.
- There will be reading buddy swaps to allow children to mix with younger/older children.
- Each class will be able to participate in creative cooking classes based around the classes chosen book.
Alongside these activities, there were many opportunities to get involved with a book and become incredible authors!
Step Inside a Book!
What happened behind each door?
Potato Head Challenge!
We made book characters from potatoes -
here are the winners from each class.