4F's Maths page
Here are our targets for Maths this term:
- Plot points and draw sides to complete a polygon
- Describe position on a 2D grid as co-ordinates in the first quadrant
- Translate shapes by given units & directions - up, down & left and right
- Identify lines of symmetry in 2D shapes in different orientations
- Complete simple symmetric figure
- Compare & classify geometric shapes based on properties and their size.
We think it is very important to learn our times tables, as it helps with all other areas of maths. To help us to do this the class will do a times table challenge every week. By the end of year 4 children are expected to confidently know their times tables up to 12 x 12.
Times Tables Rockstars
4F have created their Rockstars and are currently using this website to become times tables legends!
Each child has their own username and password and can access the site at home to complete single and multiplayer battles.
All children's username and passwords should be stuck in their planners (I have a copy of all of them in school if needed).
Click on My Maths above to access this weeks homework.
Speak to your class teacher if you need the username and password.