Welcome to Year 5
Hello and welcome to Year 5!
Ways that you can keep organised:
- Avoid lost property by making sure ALL your possessions – especially coats, jumpers and PE uniform - are marked with your name.
- Read to an adult or sibling 15 minutes daily if possible. Please record what you read on your reading card.
- Practice maths skills in an enjoyable and informal way – e.g. number games, TT Rockstars, Hit the button, mental arithmetic, table facts and maybe even practically!
- Practice weekly spellings which can be found on your class page.
- Complete homework to a high standard in your homework book- as independently as possible. Share your homework with your teacher on Class Dojo - please do not bring it into school.
Spellings: The children will be given a copy of their spellings each week which will be updated on the website.
Times tables: We will be practicing our times tables to 12 x 12. These will be key to supporting our maths skills in year 5. Please check the Year group page for more information and MyMaths homework links.
Note to parents:
We endeavour to ensure effective communication between parents and ourselves; working closely with you helps to support your child. Should you have any queries or messages please send a message to your child's teacher on Class Dojo.
If a message is urgent or you wish to make an appointment, then please contact the school office.
11.09.20 - Victorian Wow Day - dress up as a Victorian for our topic day!