Welcome to Year 5
Hello and welcome to Year 5!
Ways that you can keep organised:
- Avoid lost property by making sure ALL your possessions – especially coats, jumpers and PE uniform - are marked with your name.
- Ensure you have your planners with you every day.
- Read to an adult or sibling 15 minutes daily if possible. Please record what you read in your planner.
- Practice maths skills in an enjoyable and informal way – e.g. number games, TT Rockstars, Hit the button, mental arithmetic, table facts and maybe even practically!
- Practice weekly spellings which can be found in your planners.
- Complete homework to a high standard - as independently as possible.
Spellings: The children will be given a copy of their spellings each week which will be stuck in their planners.
Times tables: We will be practicing our times tables to 12 x 12. These will be key to supporting our maths skills in year 5. Please check the Year group page for more information and MyMaths homework links.
Planners checked: Planners will be checked every week. Children will need to have their planners with them everyday.
Note to parents:
We endeavour to ensure effective communication between parents and ourselves; working closely with you helps to support your child. Should you have any queries or messages please send a note in your child’s planner or e-mail the class teacher (see child’s planner). Class teachers are happy to speak with parents after school.
If a message is urgent or you wish to make an appointment, then please contact the school office.
Week of 11.11.19 Whole school Cyber Bullying focus
15.11.19 5W Class Play
25.11.19 Year 3 and 4 film night
27.11.19 Year 5 and 6 film night
4.12.19 Christmas Fair
16.12.19 Christmas Cafe (1:30pm)
17.12.19 Y3 Christmas Party
18.12.19 Y4 Christmas Party
19.12.19 Y5 Christmas Party
19.12.19 Y6 Christmas Party (After School)
20.12.19 Non Uniform Day