Welcome to Year 5
Hello and welcome to Year 5!
Ways that you can keep organised:
- Avoid lost property by making sure ALL your possessions – especially coats, jumpers and PE uniform - are marked with your name.
- Read to an adult or sibling 15 minutes daily if possible. Please record what you read on your reading card. Remember to bring your reading book back to school in the yellow zipped wallet and put into the blue basket in your classroom. Tell your teacher that you need to change your reading book!
- Practice your Maths skills in an enjoyable and informal way – e.g. My Maths tasks; number games,
- TT Rockstars, Hit the button, mental arithmetic, table facts and maybe even practically!
- Practice weekly spellings which can be found on your class page.
- Complete homework to a high standard in your homework book- as independently as possible. Share your homework with your teacher on Class Dojo - please do not bring it into school.
Spellings: The children will be given a copy of their spellings each week. Spelling lists for the term can be found in the Homework Challenges link on the Year 5 class page.
Times tables: We will be practicing our times tables to 12 x 12. These will be key to supporting our Maths skills in year 5. Please check the Year group page for more information and MyMaths homework links.
Note to parents:
We endeavour to ensure effective communication between parents and ourselves; working closely with you helps to support your child. Should you have any queries or messages please send a message to your child's teacher on Class Dojo.
If a message is urgent or you wish to make an appointment, then please contact the school office.
Week beginning 4th. January 2021 - New Learning Challenge WOW DAY date to be confirmed - message to be sent via Class Dojo and Parent Mail.