Welcome to Year 4
A huge welcome back to you all! We hope you all had a refreshing Easter break.
We are all excited to get back to seeing you all each day and begin a new learning challenge. Our learning challenge title is Sawley Time Machine!
English: We will write diaries, letters and explanation texts this half term!
Maths: We will continue to look at multiplication methods and fractions alongside looking into data.
Science: Human Impact- we will explore how we (humans) impact our world.
PE: Ultimate Frisbee
PHSE & RE:
Here are some ways that you can help your child keep organised and excel in their learning at school:
- Avoid lost property by making sure ALL their possessions – especially coats, jumpers and PE uniform - are marked with their name.
- Encourage your child’s growing independence by letting them begin to organise what they need each day for school. This is especially important now as it is the final term of Year 4!
- Listen to your child read for 15 minutes daily if possible; and ask them about their books.
- Practise maths skills in an enjoyable and informal way – e.g. number games, mental arithmetic, table facts and maybe even practically!
- Encourage and support them to complete their Homework Challenges to a high standard - as independently as possible. (Please ask your child’s teacher for any resources or support you may need.) Post any completed work to their Classdojo portfolio for feedback.
PE (see timetable)
Children should arrive in PE kits on the days they have PE. PE will be done outdoors where possible.
- PE t-shirt with school jumper over;
- PE shorts with joggers over (can be removed easily if we do PE indoors)
- Trainers (trainers are preferable for outdoor PE and also suitable for indoors if necessary. Plimsolls are not suitable for all day wear.)
Other important information:
Spellings: The children will be given a copy of spellings each week. They will be tested each Friday. Spellings will also be added to SpellingShed.
Times tables: We will be practicing our times tables to 12 x 12. These will be key to successfully developing our maths skills. TT rockstars is a useful tool in this practise and will help prepare the children for their timestable assessment later in the year. Please check the Maths pages for more information and MyMaths homework links.
How to contact us:
If you wish to raise a concern/issue with school your child's class teacher is always the first person to contact, these are the staff that know your child best.
Please message the class teacher via Class Dojo. The class teacher will respond as soon as possible. You can also request a telephone appointment with the class teacher via ClassDojo. Telephone appointments are usually at the end of the school day.
Teachers will check ClassDojo at least every other day. If your message is urgent, please telephone the school office.