Welcome to Year 3
Welcome to Year 3!
Please use the website to keep up to date with all of the exciting things that happen in Year 3!
Please see our 'What We Are Learning' page to find out more.
In the next few weeks, your child will complete a reading quiz so that your child can choose a book to take home appropriate to their level. They will have a reading record card for you to fill in to keep track of books that have been read and books that have been returned to school.
Spelling update coming soon.
Children will work hard to learn their times tables this year. They will receive Times Tables Rockstars login details. This is a fun way to develop recall of multiplication and division facts!
3G and 3F PE days are Monday and Wednesday and 3P PE days are Monday and Thursday. Please come to school in your PE kit on those days: owl house t shirt, shorts, trainers. Earrings and jewellery must be removed during PE lessons. Providing your child with a water bottle will allow your child to stay hydrated as they enjoy their PE lesson.
Autumn Term is a busy time of new experiences as the children settle into Y3 life and the new 'normal'. Here are some ways that you can help your child keep organised and excel in their learning at school:
- Avoid lost property by making sure ALL their possessions – especially coats, jumpers and PE uniform - are marked with their name.
- Encourage your child’s growing independence by letting them begin to organise what they need each day for school.
- Listen to your child read for 15 minutes daily if possible; and ask them about their books.
- Practise maths skills in an enjoyable and informal way – e.g. number games, mental arithmetic, table facts and maybe even practically!
- Encourage and support them to complete their Homework Challenges to a high standard - as independently as possible. (Please ask your child’s teacher for any resources or support you may need.) Post any completed work to their Classdojo portfolio for feedback.