Summer 1 Begins!
Although times are a little strange at the moment, we would like to share our Learning Challenge information below- should you want to have an extra little challenge on those long days!
Summer 1 Learning
Learning Challenge – Had life ever been so good? Rebuilding Britain
During this challenge, we will be studying the affects of WWII, the creation of the NHS and the changes of the British Empire.
We are confident that the children will enjoy this Learning Challenge - understanding an important part of British history and an unforgettable era.
Science: Evolution and inheritance
PE: Athletics and rounders
PHSE & RE: Christianity- stories/church
Trying Our Best and Aiming High
Autumn Term is a busy time of new experiences as the children settle into Y6 life.
Ways that you can help your child keep organised and
excel in their learning at school:
- Avoid lost property by making sure ALL their possessions – especially coats, jumpers and PE uniform - are marked with their name.
- Encourage your child’s growing independence by letting them begin to organise what they need each day for school.
- Ensure they have their planners with them every day.
- Listen to your child read for 15 minutes daily if possible; and ask them about their books. Please record what you read in their planner.
- Practise maths skills in an enjoyable and informal way – e.g. number games, mental arithmetic, table facts and maybe even practically!
- Encourage and support them to complete their Homework Challenges to a high standard - as independently as possible. (Please ask your child’s teacher for any resources or support you may need.)
Keeping in Touch
- Leave a message with the adult on the door in
- Write a note in your child’s planner
- Email us (email addresses in your child’s planner)
- If a message is urgent or you wish to make an appointment; please contact the school office.
Indoor PE: Friday Outdoor PE: Wednesday
Spellings: The children will be given a copy of 40 spellings at the start of the half term. They will be tested at the end of 4 weeks.
Times tables: We will be practicing our times tables to 12 x 12. These will be key to supporting our maths skills in year 6. Please check the Maths pages for more information and MyMaths homework links.
Planners checked: Planners will be checked every week. Children will need to have their planners with them every day.
Don’t forget to check the website to keep up to date with Y6 learning.
Download TheSchoolApp for messages.