What We Are Learning
Wow! Can you believe we are now in the summer term? We are looking forward to getting stuck into all of the exciting topics we will be learning whilst (hopefully) being able to enjoy some warmer weather.
Here is a list of the topics we will be working on:
Learning Challenge: History- The Roman Empire- To invade and conquer?
We will also continue to revise SPaG concepts and develop our 'Reading Detective' skills in reading comprehensions.
This half term we will be polishing our times table knowledge alongside continuing to look at telling the time. We will look at digital and analogue clocks. Following this we will be looking at using money and measurements. We have a very busy half term!
Science: Forces and Magnets
- Compare how things move on different surfaces.
- Notice that some forces need contact between two objects, but magnetic forces can act at a distance.
- Observe how magnets attract or repel
- Explore magnetic materials and understand that magnets have two poles.
P.E: Our PE sessions will be tennis/Net and wall QAA.
R.E: Our RE topic is Islam where we will:
- Understand what Islam is and what the five pillars are.
- Explore Muslim birth ceremonies and naming days.
- Find out about the Islamic marriage ceremony.
- Find out about Muslim funeral ceremonies.
- Understand the importance of the Hajj for a Muslim person.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities of each member of my family.
- Identify and practice some of the skills of friendship.
- Know and use some strategies for keeping myself safe.
- Compare my life to others around the world.
Music: We will continue to develop our Drumming skills with Mr Webb.
Art: Craft and Design
- Developing design and craft skills taking inspiration from Ancient Egyptian art and pattern and paper making.
Computing: Digital Writing
- To use a computer to write.
- To add/remove text on a computer.
- To identify that the look of text can be changed on a computer
- To make careful choices when changing text
- To explain why I used the tools that I chose
- To compare typing on a computer to writing on paper
Learning Challenge -