Moving to the Juniors
Wednesday 19th June at 2.00 pm – Infant Parents Meeting. At this meeting, you will learn all you need to know about junior school systems and our way of working, and what your child will need for their first day. Wednesday 19th June at 1.30 pm – our Year 6 children will give you a guided tour of the school.
This term, we have a diary of events that are designed to help your child get to know the junior school, the year 3 teachers, the head and deputy headteachers.
· Year 2 teachers have already begun to prepare the children for junior school life
· Our year 3 teachers will visit the children in their own classes for the morning so they become familiar faces
· In June, the children will join us for assembly and stay for a classroom activity with their new teacher and have their lunch
· The children come over to the juniors every Tuesday for play-time
· The Y2 teachers will begin a short unit of work with the children that they will complete in September as Y3s.
Behind the scenes, teachers and headteachers meet to share information about your children regarding progress, friendship groups and any individual needs the children may have.
Wednesday 19th June from 1.30pm
Please come and see us in action!
Our Y6 children will be your personal tour guides showing you around our classrooms and facilities. Refreshments will be served and Mrs Burton (HT), Mrs Taylor (DHT) & Mrs Stead (SENCo) will be pleased to meet with you.